Please check back on our Facebook event page for updates and info as we get closer to May Day.
We hope that people bring their mindfulness of struggles here locally, across the world, and most importantly the ones we face in our day to day lives as a way to connect them historically to a tradition that dates back to 1884.
- 1992 LA Uprising
- Walkouts against Prop 187
- Democratic National Convention 2000
- The fight for the South Central Farm
- The 2006 May Day La Primera de Mayo General Strike
- The 2007 May Day confrontation at McArthur Park
- The 2009 UCLA student occupations
- Occupy/Decolonize LA
May 1st at 5:00 pm MacArthur Park
Look for the black and red flags!
Food: Potluck style. Some refreshments will be served by RAC!
Free food * Live music * Political literature * Make your DIY literature table * Friends * Comrades * Non-alcoholic Drinks
"The Brief Origins of May Day" by Eric Chase - 1993.